- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility in the absence of RN.
- Periodically reviews the department's policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions and makes recommendations for revisions.
- Ensures that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established charting and documentation policies and procedures.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Ensures accuracy of all documentation pertaining to Medication / narcotics.
- Meets with shift's nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or to improve services.
- Ensures all personnel, visitors and residents follow established guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains a positive work environment through sound leadership.
- Provides direct care to residents in accordance to their plans and presents updates based on their needs.
- Others as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited LPN program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed