The ER Technician provides direct care to patients under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. The ER Technician performs those direct care activities which are allowed to be delegated to unlicensed personnel under the New York State Practice Act, regulations, hospital policies and standards met by Nursing Services. The ER Tech position also performs support functions for the department as assigned by the appropriate Registered Nurse and/or Manager.
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent work experience, including ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology.
- Previous experience as nurse aide or EMT preferred, or ability to satisfactorily complete training program.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to interact with patient’s families, staff and management.
- Must be highly motivated, able to work outside the normal working hours as volume demands.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed