The Certified Nurse Assistant will provide to each of their assigned residents, daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan or directed the nurse.
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with laws of New York State.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be active/current (not expired or lapsed) on the NYS Nurse Aide Registry
- Must have certification verified with the NYS Nurse Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment, neglect or misappropriation of resident property listed on the registry against the C.N.A.
- Printed verification from the registry verifying all the above is filed in the C.N.A. personnel file.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed