The CSS Tech is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following infection control practices.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Central Supply Technician certification with a minimum of one year experience as a Central Supply Technician and/or formal training in approved course for Central Service Technician.
- Post high school education and/or experience in a medically related field may be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and nomenclature of items and equipment used by the department.
- Knowledgeable with aseptic technique, infection control requirements, cleaning and sterilization procedures and techniques.
- Basic understanding of various functions of the department.
- Conscientious regard of technical and minute procedures.
- Demonstration of leadership abilities.
- If not certified- Certification required within one year of hire
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed