Twenty four hour responsibility on a nursing unit for the systematic management of resident care in accordance with standards of professional practice, established department policies and procedures, and regulatory agencies. Oversees all levels of nursing personnel to assure proper use and documentation of the nursing process in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of resident care. Insures continuity of resident care through ongoing communication with residents, families/significant others, charge nurses and staff on other shifts. Coordinates with other healthcare professionals to develop a comprehensive individualized resident care plan. May assume administrative duties in the absence of the Director of Nursing, or supervisors.
- Current RN registration in New York State
- BSN preferred
- 3 years LTC experience preferred
- Demonstrates clinical and management skills needed to coordinate resident needs and functioning of the unit
- Evidence of leadership ability, good judgment and strong sense of responsibility
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed