The Senior Accountant is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the general ledger. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for the monthly close and year end process, in collaboration with the Finance Manager, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Senior Accountant is responsible for the documentation of policies and procedures as well as the monitoring of all accounting systems, including the General Ledger, Fixed Assets, and other external accounting systems used. Additional responsibilities also include working with the Finance Manager in maintaining the accounting systems for all of the subsets of Adirondack Health including the filing of all regulatory documents (Form 990, cost reports, etc.). The Senior Accountant will also work with the Finance Manager around accounting issues, policies and procedures for grants for Adirondack Health.
- Bachelors of accounting degree from an accredited college required.
- CPA, MBA, or MS preferred.
- 6 or more years relevant experience required, health care experience preferred.
- Proficient with computers, good interpersonal skills, ability to handle a complex assortment of tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to work with time constraints and work well with others.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft excel.
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Kronos, and Meditech preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed